Funplace.ie Sustainability Plan
As we are all trying our best to move into a more environmentally friendly and sustainable world, we are very aware that fancy dress costumes and accessories have a long way to go.
Funplace.ie believes there will always be a space for costume and dress up in all our lives and have been working on ways in which we can offset our carbon emissions while still being able to offer lots of fun costumes and accessories.
For us this is just a start and will continue to look at new ways to make changes going forward.
Our plan for 2022/2023 includes
- Funplace has put in place a same day delivery bike service - Moving from van to bike courier in Dublin city.
- We now offer a click and collect service - taking away the middle man with a van!
- We are doing away with plastic pouches for all our outgoing orders and moving onto biodegradable outer packaging.
- Our bags have moved from plastic to paper
- In 2022 costume bags were changed from PVC to LDPE film. LDPE is the same material as used in ‘Bags for Life’ and is recyclable.
- In 2022 we have introduced a system for vetting our suppliers which includes rating them by the percentage of their product that is either recyclable or biodegradable. We intend to move away from suppliers who are not actively working to create a more sustainable industry
- In 2019 Wig boxes were changed from plastic to paperboard
- In late 2022 we plan to introduce Irelands first wig recycling service where we will collect old wigs.
- We are doing away with regular glitter and moving to only Biodegradable glitter.
- All our face paints and brushes are vegan and cruelty free.
If you ever have any questions about any of our products or processes please do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org